Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Puerto Rico, la Isla del Encanto


Hi everyone, I went to Puerto Rico last year in 2010 this time by myself, because I wanted to concentrate on certain parts of the island so that I can get an idea of what Iam shooting at so that I can build my album. I haven't finished yet because of many distractions, but eventually I will. This picture you see on the right is located in San Juan El Morro San Felipe. Actually I shot this picture back in 2007 when I took my daughter along when she was just only 13 years old.

I took her along so that she can get an idea where I was born and the places I've been as a little boy growing up and up to we all came to live in America. I wanted for her to know her true roots and her Puerto Rican Culture. Actually what I had planned for her was, that as soon as she walks out the airport she can feel the heat of the sun as it welcomes you to this beautiful island Called Puerto Rico. I wanted her to feel that same welcome that everyone receives who walks out the airport to grab a taxi. What I love mostly about my island is the colors the houses are painted with: Pastel colors, Blue, red, yellow, green, teal, light green, dark green and different kinds of shades, and that's what I believe makes the island so beautiful everywhere you go. It makes the island come alive and with the fragrances in the air and the beaches and lakes and houses sitting on top of high hills that makes you wonder how in the world do they get up there and come down. You have to go to Puerto Rico and be enchanted by this island.

No comments: